Brittany's TOP PICK of Properties listed during the Week of October 27 to November 03 from Ladysmith to Cobble Hill.Read More
To View August 2017 Real Estate Statistics for Vancouver Island Click Below.
- Source VIREB
Kinsol Trestle is a must see spot on Vancouver Island, Shawnigan BC, it is absolutely STUNNING. It is a great walk for people of all ages and even dogs too. If you walk to the far side of the trestle, there a an accessible path for swimming too.Read More
The Cowichan Valley is a very popular destination especially during the summer months. There is not a wide variety of hotels in the Cowichan Valley, however below is a compiled list of the best/well known hotel's in the community. Additionally there are many other accommodation options other than hotel such as Air B&B, Lodges and B&B.
*In No Particular Order:
1) Ladysmith - Kiwi Cove Lodge - Website: www.kiwicovelodge.com Address: 5130 Brenton Page Rd Ladysmith, BC Phone: 1-866-303-5494 Cost: High Season $150.00 to $210.00 Low Season $95.00 to $185.00
Description: Stunning Views, Popular Wedding Venue Location, Vineyard, Romantic Gazebo, Ample Parking, Quite, Dining Room,WIFI, Games room and large outdoor area for all activities.
2) Chemainus - Chemainus Best Western - Website: www.bestwestern.com Address: 9573 Chemainus Rd, Chemainus, BC Phone: (250) 246-4181 Cost: $150.00 to $175.00 per night, may be higher prices in high season.
Description: Central location, Indoor Saltwater Pool, Hot Tub, Gym, 24 hour Concierge, WIFI, Truck/RV parking, Free Parking, Hot Breakfast, kitchenette, Near Golf Course, smoke free hotel and much much more.
3) Duncan - Best Western Cowichan Valley Inn - Website: www.bestwestern.com Address: 457 Norcross Rd, Duncan, BC Phone: (250) 748-2722 Cost: $150.00 to $175.00per night, may be higher prices in high season.
Description: Central location, Bar,Pool 24 hour Concierge, WIFI, Free Parking, Hot Breakfast, near lots of restaurants, fitness Room, RV Parking and much much more.
4) Cowichan Bay -Oceanfront Suites - Website: oceanfrontcowichanbay.com Address: 1681 Cowichan Bay Rd, Cowichan Bay, BCPhone: (250) 715-7000 Cost: $200.00 to $300.00 per night, may be higher prices in high season
Description: Ocean views, Bar, Pool 24 hour Concierge, WIFI, Free Parking, Business Centre, Pet friendly rooms, morrage, near lots of restaurants, fitness Room, and much much more.
If you are someone within the community who loves to play tennis, Here is a compiled list of free tennis courts in the Cowichan Valley, See Below.
1) Chemanius Elementary - 3172 Garner St, Chemainus,
2) Crofton Community Centre (at Back) - 8104 Musgrave, Crofton
3) Ladysmith Secondary School - 710 6 Ave, Ladysmith, BC V9G 1N8
4) Saltair Centennial Park - S Oyster School Rd, Ladysmith,
5) Duncan Maplewood Park - 5197 Hykawy Rd Duncan
6) Chemainus Fuller Lake - Poplar Rd, Chemainus
7) Duncan Cowichan Secondary School - 2652 James St, Duncan
Vancouver Island is known to have some of the most magnificent and beautiful hikes from around the world. Below is a list of easy hikes that a family of all ages can enjoy with ease. When starting off on a hiking adventure please also consider the following.
- Proper Foot Wear
- Hat/Rain Coat/ Backpack
- Emergency Kit
- Camera - To Capture beauitful Pictures
1) Goldstream Provincial Park - Prospectors Trail Difficulty: Medium Length: 2-3 hours and Between 2km-3km
A very easy hike for children and even our furry little friends are welcome too. Entrance is right before entering/exiting Victoria after/before the Malahat. There is very little elevation change however there are some narrow areas in which toddlers may need assistance. Most of this hike is in the shade. If you go to the park in the Fall you can watch the iconic Salmon run, which is amazing to watch and a great learning experience for kids. Make sure you bring cash for the parking meters.
2) Ruckle Provincial Park - Saltspring Island Difficulty: Easy Lenght: 1 hour and Between .5km-1km
This is an amazing day adventure hike with your entire family. Getting There: You can either arrive by your own personal boat or a BC Ferry that leaves either from Crofton or Swatz Bay Victoria (Schedule here). The view of the ocean if absolutely outstanding and a must see. If you go on the BC parks website you can also camp there during the summer months. Once completing the hike it is a great place for kids to play on the beach and look for sea treasures. Key Points - Beaver Point, Historic Orchard and the Lighthouse.
3) Cathedral Grove: MacMillan Provincial Park - Port Alberni Difficulty: Easy Lenght: 1 hour and Between .5km-1km
This hike is absolutely stunning with some of the largest Douglas firs on the planet. Kids will LOVE it and so will dogs (Must be on Leases). If you are heading to Tofino or Port Alberni and need a place to stretch your legs and get the kids out for some fresh air, this is your stop. Parking is quite limited especially during the summer months, so arrive early or go hiking during off season. The walking path is clear and easy for children of all ages.
4) Englishman River Falls: North Nanaimo Difficulty: Easy Length: 1 - 2 hour and Between 2km-3km
This is one of the most beautiful hikes in the Nanaimo Area. The two waterfalls are absolutely stunning and breathtaking. Englishman River Falls is best suited for older kids 8+ as there is some steep inclines and a fast flowing river. Key points: Slower moving portion of river that is great place for swimming, Camping which can be booked through BC Parks and the amazing water falls. Pay parking meters and lots of parking spaces. Bring a Picnic! - Camping Fee: $23.00 per party / night
4) Holland Creek Trail: Ladysmith Difficulty: Easy Length: 1 - 2 hour and Between 2km-3km
There are over 30km + of trails near the Holland Creek Trail. You could explore these trails for days and always see something new. Dogs are welcome and there is also wheechair/Stroller access. Park Highlights include Crystal Falls, Colliery Dam and the Salmon run in the fall.
There are some amazing places to Eat in the little ole town of Chemainus. We are so lucky to have a community with a wide variety of all cuisines from Italian to Chinese in which ever restaurant is Amazing. Here are my top favorites:
Saw Mill Tap House and Grill: Price $14.00 to $22.00
A newer restaurant to the community, but wow this restaurant doe snot fall short of AMAZING. Not only is the food superb but the selection of craft beer is outstanding. MUST TRY - Diovala Pizza 12", 50/50 burger Taphouse Burger and Smoked Brisket Beef. It's even a great place to meet with clients.
Address: #201B, 3055 Oak St.,Chemainus, BC, V0R 1K1
Owl's Nest Bakery: Price $7.00 to $12.00
The Owl's Nest is a a great place to a enjoy a coffee or to have a light snack. You must try the Eggs Benedict it is amazing. Its a great place to meet locals within the community and enjoy the ambiance. Gluten Free options available.
Address: 9752 Willow St, Chemainus, BC V0R 1K0
Wing Cafe: Price $10.00 to $15.00
The Longest standing restaurant in Chemainus. If you are looking for the BEST fries and Gravy in the world, this is yours place. Wings Cafe is a family style restaurants with a wide variety of food from Chinese to Indian to Canada. Must try - Curry Chicken, The crispy wings and Chinese Buffet. Wear your stretchy pants.
Address: 9765 Chemainus Rd, Chemainus, BC V0R 1K0
Bonnie Martin Eats: $10.00 to $15.00
This is another great Family style restaurants with large portions and an affordable price tag. Must try the Bonnie Martin Combo and has the BEST Won Ton Soup. Bonnie Martins offers weekly specials and every two weeks there is Chinese food Special. Love this Family run Business.
Address: 2877 Mill Street, Chemainus, BC V0R 1K0
Odika Cafe $15.00 - $20.00
What a great restaurant with a mixture of all different types of cuisines. It's is place that everyone will find something they will love. With very fresh and locally bought food and a great ambiance for a cherry on the top. Must try Bacon Cheddar Burger, Turkey Smoked Bacon Sandwich and mushroom stuffed ravioli.
Address: 2976 Mill Street, Chemainus, BC V0R 1K0
Other amazing Restaurants - Saltair Pub, Willow Street Cafe, Dayliner Cafe, Pho Triple 7, Utopia Bakery!